Thursday, October 6, 2011

from honduras, with love

I recently made a purchase off of craigslist for a now out-of-state friend.  Boo.  I miss her!  I purchased burlap sacks.  Ten of them...for her to make these awesome shades for her porch.
 Lovely.

In searching through the stash of burlap bags to find 10 of the same color, I found a treasure.  A burlap bag from Honduras.  On the front was a photo of Honduras with the words "Washed Honduras Coffee".  It sat on baby girl's bed for the last few weeks waiting for some inspiration.

                                                           Yesterday the inspiration came.
I took my scissors to the bag and this is what I came up with...
 This chair was donated for our garage sale fundraiser.  It didn't sell.  
I kept it in the garage unable to part with it.
 I'm feeling like the chair needs something else.  A pillow?  A coat of paint and some distressing?  Any ideas?
This I love.   My treasure from Honduras.

4 comments:

  1. absolutely love that frame of honduras and the heart!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pillow is beautiful! The frame is darling!!! Come visit me and my burlap shades! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meg,
    Little did I realize when I bought the burgundy flower pin from you(right before Christmas) that you were adopting from Honduras. My husband and I are traveling there this summer(our 1st time ever) for a short term trip where we'll be teaching in Bible Schools and churches on the historical books of the Bible. Its a small world, isnt it?!
    May the Lord richly bless you as you seek to bring this little one home to you!
    xoxo,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete