Saturday, December 18, 2010

surprised?

God sure isn't, but I am completely blown away that we are nearly at the $6000 mark for adoption fundraising!  I am completely humbled at what God has done and is continuing to do with some fabric flowers and feeble hands.  I am blown away by His continued grace and blessing on our lives and this path of adoption.  I've been making flowers feverishly and am taking a break from it for a couple weeks while the kids are home and the mister has a few days off.  What a way to grow a family!  It is so much more work than carrying a baby for nine months and birthing him/her.  I'm finding it almost a bit more rewarding, though. 
This baby girl
...so far away
...maybe not even a thought to her birth mom yet
...has completely captured my heart! 

Just a month ago I was so unsure of whether or not I could love her as much as I love my boys.  Those fears have been erased...ERASED!  I am smitten.  So smitten that last night my man and I had a short little date.  So we went to the store and picked up this...
for our nameless baby girl who we don't know, but God knows intimately!  It's screaming for a crocheted hat with a flower on it :)...on the docket to purchase as soon as that etsy shop opens back up.  Little things like this are keeping me focused when the flower orders start to overwhelm me. 

Merry Christmas sweet girl...we're praying that next year you'll be home for Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. How truly wonderful! What a blessing you are and no greater parents could this little girl have than the two of you!!! She is so blessed...and she doesn't even know it yet! God has it all in His hands and He is blessing you with your faithfulness & faith! Congrats to your sweet family! (And I just adore the dress!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! What a wonderful blog of your experiences-- your little girl will read this one day and really understand how very much she was loved and wanted-- what a blessing she is to you and what a blessing you are to her! My husband and I are on a similar journey (but without any kids in tow) and we too feel like Honduras is what God calls us to. When I look at how my life has been laid out, it begins to seem like my whole life has been leading up to this.... God is watching over our little ones, although so far away-- in good time,we will get to be together at last. Congratulations to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete